Las Vegas is renowned as the city of all possibilities. Many Americans choose to get married in Las Vegas because the marriage procedure is simpler. In fact, there are fewer requirements and no waiting time in Las Vegas. What are the requirements to get married in Las Vegas?
Marriage requirements in Las Vegas
There are a few requirements before you can get married in Las Vegas. Even so, most requirements are not so challenging.
- The couple has to be at least 18 years old.
- Underage couples need to present a written and signed parental consent before they can legally get married.
- If the couple is under the age of 16, the County Clerk needs to get an authorization from the Court before issuing a Marriage License to them.
- First cousin relatives cannot get married, because that is incest.
- Second cousin relatives can be granted permission to get married.
Certificate of being single:
- Marriage permission is only granted between unmarried people.
- The bride and groom have to bring a certificate proving that they are single.
- The couple can be residents in Nevada.
- Non-residents can also be married in Las Vegas.
- Blood test is not required.
- US citizens should have their Social Security Numbers on the Affidavit of an application for a Marriage License. In other words, a Marriage License cannot be delivered without the SSN.
- Non U.S. citizens do not need to have a Social Security Number.
Marriage procedure in Las Vegas
Marriage license application:
- If you meet the requirements, the first thing to do is to apply for a Marriage License in County Clerk.
- The marriage license fee must be paid at the Marriage License Bureau.
- The bride and groom can also apply for a Marriage License online.
- The couple has to present their identification paper when they apply for a Marriage License. It is also possible for the couple to apply for a marriage license at the Las Vegas Marriage License Bureau.
The couple has to present their identification paper when they apply their marriage license, which can be one of the followings:
- A valid passport,
- An identity card or ID,
- A driving license,
- A birth certificate,
- Other valid identification card.
Marriage license delivery:
- Marriage License is granted to the couple who has already pre-registered for marriage through.
- Marriage License is available at the Las Vegas Marriage License Bureau 2 months after the application.
- The Marriage License is valid for 1 year. In other words, the couple has to get married within a year upon receipt of the Marriage License.
The next step after receiving the marriage license is getting married. A certified officiant performs the marriage. In order to get married, they need to present their Marriage License and identity paper to the officiant. The officiant has to be certified by the County Clerk from the State of Nevada.
- The bride and groom choose a witness to the marriage, to sign the marriage register.
- They may also ask for a witness from the chapel to be their witness, if necessary.
- The bride and groom pronounce their wedding vows during the ceremony.
- The County Clerk delivers the certified Marriage Certificate to the newlyweds 10 days after the marriage.
It should be noted that if the couple gets married without a Marriage License, their marriage ceremony is not legal. In other words, a Marriage License is the key to a legal marriage.
How to find the Las Vegas Marriage Bureau?
The Las Vegas Marriage Bureau is located at 201 Clark Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89155-1603. The opening hours are from 8:00 a.m. to midnight; and it is open seven days a week.
Choose to get married in Las Vegas
If you plan to get married to your loved one, choose Las Vegas, the city of all possibilities. The marriage procedure is so simple for US and non-US residents.
To get to Las Vegas, book your flight through an online travel agency like Opodo, which allows you to compare flight costs and duration. Opodo cooperates with thousands of airline companies; therefore, it can give you an opportunity to choose your airline carrier. It is also possible to rent a wedding car and book an accommodation at the most romantic resort through Opodo.